Appen is creating a pool of qualified Linguists/Computational linguists who are native speakers of Burmese, for on-going linguistic projects. This registration may not result in immediate engagement in one of our projects, but we will reach out to you if you are shortlisted, and once the project is scheduled to start.
You may be asked to complete linguistic screeners so we can assess your skills better, and decide which task may be the right match.
Most opportunities are work from home, contract based projects.
The projects are an exciting and challenging opportunity to help develop world-class linguistic software.
Linguistic skills should include grammar, syntax, morphology, computational. The candidates should be familiar with linguistic tools, and language technology applications.
- Development: Use regular expression formalisms (symbolic language and logical operations), write or edit rules for grammar, phonology or other purposes.
- Project Management: Triage and review, project scheduling.
- Test: Test lexicons, evaluate test results. Evaluate design and implementation of grammar rules; using logical operators and symbolic language, develop patterns for testing application of the rules.
- Documentation: Using strong English language skills, linguistic and technical expertise, document tools and processes.
- Bachelor degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics (or higher)
- Native speaker of Burmese
- High proficiency in English
- Excellent technical skills
- Linguistic skills should include morphology and syntax
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail
- Aptitude for computational tasks, e.g., use concordance (linguistic) tools, and run command lines, write scripts, experience with advanced use of applications such as Excel macros, etc.
Please include with your application: your CV/resume; details of any language qualifications you hold; your availability