We are looking to find translators and linguists for Fijian, to support our client’s machine translation (MT) development efforts.
For translation work the qualifying candidate should be a native speaker of Fijian, fluent in English, experienced with translation or localization and have great attention to detail as they would be working with gold standard data set.
For linguistic work we are also looking to hire native speakers with a recent Bachelor's, Master's or early career PhD level of linguistic experience and education. However, more experienced candidates are not discouraged from applying. Experience with MT systems is a bonus for linguist candidates.
Hours:5+ weekly (may vary)
- translation of English gold-standard source data and/or - linguistic support per client’s requests
• Native speaker of Fijian.
• Proficient knowledge of English both oral and written.
• Degree in translation or linguistics (or related field) or equivalent experience. We may ask you to take a short screening test.
• Very good grammar and spelling skills in target language.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Accountability, ability to meet deadlines and to work in a team.
• Reliable internet connection.