We are looking for Linguists/Computational Linguists who are native speakers of Afrikans for flexible or full-time home-based role.
The project is an exciting and challenging opportunity to help develop world-class linguistic software.
The candidates should be familiar with linguistic tools, and language technology applications.
- Development: Use regular expression formalisms (symbolic language and logical operations), write or edit rules for grammar, phonology or other purposes.
- Project Management: Triage and review, project scheduling.
- Test: Test lexicons, evaluate test results. Evaluate design and implementation of grammar rules; using logical operators and symbolic language, develop patterns for testing application of the rules.
- Documentation: Using strong English language skills, linguistic and technical expertise, document tools and processes.
- Bachelor degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics (or higher)
- Native speaker of Afrikaans
- High proficiency in English
- Excellent technical skills
- Linguistic skills should include morphology and syntax
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail
- Aptitude for computational tasks, e.g., use concordance (linguistic) tools, and run command lines, write scripts, experience with advanced use of applications such as Excel macros, etc.
Please include with your application: your CV/resume; details of any language qualifications you hold; your availability