We are looking for Linguists/Computational Linguists who are native speakers of Finnish, for flexible or full-time home-based role.
The project is an exciting and challenging opportunity to help develop world-class linguistic software.
Linguistic skills should include grammar, syntax, morphology, computational.
The candidates should be familiar with linguistic tools, and language technology applications.
- Development: Use regular expression formalisms (symbolic language and logical operations), write or edit rules for grammar, phonology or other purposes.
- Project Management: Triage and review, project scheduling.
- Test: Test lexicons, evaluate test results. Evaluate design and implementation of grammar rules; using logical operators and symbolic language, develop patterns for testing application of the rules.
- Documentation: Using strong English language skills, linguistic and technical expertise, document tools and processes.
- Advanced degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics.
- Native speaker of Finnish.
- High proficiency in English.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Linguistic skills should include morphology and syntax.
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Capable of managing or performing computational linguistic work in several languages.
- An individual with a computational linguistics degree and proven experience (syntax, morphology, lexicography) on multiple languages.
- Must be capable of working across multiple languages, leveraging deep linguistic knowledge and computational experience with other languages.
Please include with your application: your CV/resume; details of any language qualifications you hold; your availability.