• Location: Chatswood, Sydney
• Hours: varies based on data available, typically 5-10 hours per week when project is active. This is a casual part-time position.
• Length: 1 - 2 months depending on project progress
• Start: mid-June 2017
• Remuneration: $24.66 p/h inclusive of superannuation
• Checking acoustic and content quality of audio recordings in Somali.
• Other language-related tasks which require fluency in Somali, e.g. verifying text in Somali
• Must be a native speaker of Somali (as spoken in Somalia).
• Your language skills must be current i.e. the language is still spoken and written
• Must be able to work in our Chatswood office.
• Must have valid work rights to work in Australia.
• Good level of English proficiency.
• Good computer skills (basic to intermediate).
• Good attention to detail.
Preferred skills but not essential:
• Education and Field: audio or linguistic background
• Linguistics expertise: Applicant will need to have sufficient knowledge about dialects to assess or confirm speech data dialect region.
! Please note that to be considered for this role you must be residing in Australia at the time of application. Only applicants who progress to the next stage in the recruitment process will be contacted.