Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. With over 20 years of experience, expertise in more than 180 languages, and access to a global crowd of over 400,000, Appen partners with leading technology companies to enhance their machine learning-based products.
The Associate Project Manager (APM) is responsible for monitoring and driving key performance metrics for a roster or group of independent contractors doing search, social media and/or ecommerce relevance ranking and content annotation.
- Communicate the service level expectations and directions to stakeholders in a timely, clear and concise manner
- Provide regular status reports of projects, as well as in-depth analysis to identify and recommend result improvements
- Build and manage a virtual roster of proficient independent contractors to meets or exceeds project objectives and/or targets
- Under manager guidance, communicate directly with client, using proper communication procedures for both production-related questions and technical issues
- Proactively provide on-the-spot positive and constructive feedback to independent contractors regarding both metrics-driven, behavioral issues, strengths, and areas for improvement
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Degree from an accredited university
- 1-2 years of project management experience in a metric-driven setting working in a production, operation, or Business Process Outsourcing environment
- Experienced in managing and prioritizing large volumes of email correspondence
- Experienced in delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills