Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. With over 20 years of experience, expertise in more than 180 languages, and access to a global crowd of over 400,000, Appen partners with leading technology companies to enhance their machine learning-based products.
The Staffing Specialist role is responsible for administering the full-cycle sourcing activities necessary to provide skilled consultants for global projects.
- Works closely and collaboratively with project managers to understand the requirements for highly skilled, technical positions and to facilitate communication and proactive problem-solving
- Researches target language and culture for international projects.
- Leverage online sourcing resources and in-house ATS to identify and attract the very best candidates
- Manages candidate screening process, administer NDA and contracts.
- Schedules qualified candidates for interview by project manager if requested
- Maintains records of consultants to include contract date(s), performance records and terminations
- Develops and places postings for Web Search Division projects
- Leads the continuous improvement of creative, effective, cost-effective sourcing strategies through tracking, monitoring and analyzing for effectiveness for assigned countries/markets
- Builds and maintains a pipeline of key talent to respond efficiently and effectively to project resource needs and the growth of the business
- Maintains metrics on the effectiveness of postings
- Works on cross-functional sourcing process projects and other duties as assigned
Summary of Experience:
- Minimum of one year experience on the same field
- International recruiting experience is an advantage
- Familiarity with best practice’s recruiting and sourcing methodologies
- Familiarity with SAP/iCIMS or other applicant-tracking systems
- Prior recruiting experience for technical positions
- Experience with metrics driven, high volume recruiting concept
- Experience as part of a RPO team or supporting virtual teams required
- Experience and availability to work USA hours as required
- Bachelor’s degree of any course
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven culture
- Able to respond quickly and positively to new or changed initiatives
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; active listening skills
- English skills are a must have
- Ability to form relationships and work collaboratively and influence at all levels
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment
- Flexible, independent, calm and self-motivated
- Must be able to provide references and validate work experience.