At Appen, we work with 8 out of the top 10 global technology companies in the world to improve and optimize their products for users worldwide, including social media platforms, search engines, voice recognition systems, and eCommerce sites. The world of tech is moving fast, and since our founding in 1996 we rose to the challenge by becoming a publicly listed company and by building an international team that works in over 130 countries and in more than 180 languages.
As a member of our global crowdsourcing team you have the opportunity to gather data for some of the world’s top internet and search engine companies. Your projects will range from transcribing audio and user experience research to content evaluation. This is an entry level position and all work is completed remotely using web-based platforms.
You Might Fit This Role If:
• You are looking for a flexible work opportunity where you contribute to projects and grow your technology skills
• You want to do internet-based data collection work from home
• You enjoy working independently
• Crowdsourcing positions are part-time (up to 20 hours per week) and highly flexible
• In most cases work is done at your own pace with no minimum hours required
• Currently living in and legally permitted to work in Norway
• Access to a computer with a sound card and speakers, and/ or access to a smart phone that is less than three years old
• Access to a secure high speed internet connection
• Good English writing and speaking skills
We take pride in our diverse team and our flexible work opportunities, and as a publicly traded company our efforts and earned us the first place ranking in the FlexJobs Top 100 Companies index. Deloitte also recognized Appen with the 2017 Asia Pacific Technology Fast 500 and the Technology Fast 50 Australia awards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.