Appen is hiring Thai computational linguists who can support our client with deept text annotation. The initial contract is for 3 months with a high possibility of extension. This is US based remote opportunity (successful candidate can be located anywhere in US).
- Annotate corpus of data with linguistic, syntactic, semantic and pragmatic information
- Work closely with researchers and engineers by providing linguistic expertise
- Monitor data acquisition and curation
- BSc degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience developing projects or curricula from concept to completion and collaborating internationally with multiple partners on multi-quarter projects.
- Experience in developing annotations for NLU applications.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Native or near-native speaker of Thai.
- 1 year of experience in NLP research or related fields, with knowledge of semantics, syntax, morphology, phonetics, phonology, and/or discourse.
- Independent worker with the ability to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal and solution-oriented attitude.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Part Time may be available for Grad students in Linguistics