TTS system development role for Australian English for a major technology developer client.
• Start Date: Immediate
• Location: Sydney
• Duration: Approximately 6 weeks initially (subject to extension) and possible training in the US for 3 – 4 weeks
• Hours: Full-time
• Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
• Strong preference for some focus or experience in classification, information retrieval, natural language processing, machine learning or related sub-fields
• Australian English native speaker fluency.
• Work with minimal supervision, proactive and self-motivated for timely delivery of quality code.
• Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills.
• Engineering experience and interest in diverse technical areas.
• Clear and compelling communication skills.
• User driven focus.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Developing natural language processing code specific to your language
• Provide input and suggestions towards innovating new approaches and new product features tailored to your home market
• Coming up with clever solutions to complex issues
B.S/MSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields
• Native speaker fluency in one or more commercially important natural languages
• Proven track record in delivering product-quality code.
• Familiar with Java, perl and shell scripting
• iOS or Mac OS X development skills.
We will also consider the candidates with following skills for a different task level of the same project:
Please make sure to upload your cover letter when applying.