• Start Date: October 2, 2017
• Location: Chatswood, Sydney – note that this is not a work from home position
• Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week (between 9 am - 6 pm) for 10-12 weeks.
• Payment: AUD$25.03 p/h incl. of superannuation
The work will involve listening to audio recordings of Gulf Arabic and transcribing what is heard. Annotation of other acoustic events and commenting on audio quality will also be necessary. Training will be provided.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• You must be a native Arabic speaker, with good comprehension of Gulf Arabic speech
• You must be fluent in typing MSA on a computer,
• Familiarity with incorporating Latin script from popular culture into MSA
• Familiarity with technical online culture and products
• Familiarity with MSA grammatical concepts
• Excellent communication skills
• Good computer skills
• High level of organisation
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Ability to follow instructions closely
Preferred Knowledge/skills but not essential
• Experience transcribing Arabic text from audio
• Experience working with languages
• A background or degree in languages
Part of the requirement and hiring process is to sit the MSA spelling test (unvowelised) on AppenOnline: http://appenonline.appen.com.au/
It is important that you use Mozilla Firefox and have the latest version of Flashplayer installed.