Appen, a global leader in language and search technology is seeking qualified native US speaking transcribers located in Manhattan area. The work will involve listening to audio recordings of US English and transcribing what is heard. Annotation of acoustic events and marking speaker turns will also be necessary. Sentiment rating may be required. Training will be provided.
For high-performing transcribers, there may be an opportunity to take on increased responsibility, including admin tasks and management of a small team.
All work will be done on-site in the client’s offices, and transcribers will need to maintain confidentiality.
Location: Manhattan, NYC
Hours: minimum 20 hours a week, between 9am and 5pm
Length: approximately 3.5 months
• Native US English speaker
• Ability to type 60 words per minute
• Ability to learn new software quickly
• Comfortable with financial terms
• Excellent communication skills
• Good computer skills
• Highly organized
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Ability to closely follow guidelines
• Experience transcribing English text from audio
• Background in finance
• Good technical and data management skills.
• Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Some experience with regular expressions, bash scripting, or programming skills.
Detailed instructions will be provided via email shortly after you have applied.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.