Appen, a language and technology company is looking for a native speaker of Canadian French to work on data collection projects.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: Chatswood
- Duration: 3 to 6 months
- Hours and type of contract: 20 to 40 hours week, hourly casual employment
- Payment: AUD$22.86 exclusive of superannuation
The work will involve posting online ads to recruit a large number of native speakers, for a specific target country, to record short prompts using mobile phones. The task would also involve opening new channels of online recruitment as well as using social media and other relevant recruitment websites to reach potential candidates.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Native speaker of Canadian French from Canada (candidates from France not eligible)
- Excellent communication skills both in English and French (written and spoken)
- Current local knowledge of Canada
- Language skills must be current i.e. the language is still spoken and written regularly
- Active user of social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Good computational skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel
- Attention to detail
- Must have Australian work rights
Preferred Knowledge/skills but not essential:
- Experience working with languages
- Experience with crowdsourcing type of recruitment (market research)
Note that applicants must have valid Australian work rights prior to applying.