Appen, a global leader in language and search technology is working on a certain software for a major
technology company and we are seeking native English speakers to participate in this project.
- Location: Remote
- Hours: 20+ hours per week
- Length: 2-3 weeks
- Required locales: Fresno County, California
- Start date: immediate
- The project involves populating map data with accurate local pronunciations.
- Consultant will review, verify, correct and add pronunciations as necessary for roads and places local to the indicated county.
- This task can be performed by residents of Fresno County, CA, or residents of neighboring counties who are very familiar with Fresno County.
- Has lived at least 10 years in Fresno County, CA.
- Significant experience navigating and/or giving directions throughout the county
- Native speaker of US English dialect local to California.
- Mac computer running OS Sierra 10.12.2 or higher.
Some college-level Linguistics or English courses preferred.
Detailed instructions will be provided via email shortly to those candidates who have been shortlisted.
Appen constantly seeks motivated freelancers to support their translation, transcription, annotation and data collection teams. Your successful contribution to this project will grant you a space in our database and a good chance to be considered for projects in the future.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed