Appen is looking to hire two independent contractor linguists for Vietnamese.
- Linguists would work on client assigned tasks including different types of translation tasks from English source data , localization tasks, linguistic connections and sentiment audit tasks. After the initial push, starting in March approximately, the work would consists of answering the client linguists' ad hoc questions and being availabe for Q&A sessions.
- Instructions will be provided and the work will be supported by an Appen project manager as well as the client.
- Native speaker of the target language.
- Minimum BA degree in Linguistics, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with linguistic annotatation, such as sentiment or POS annotation.
- Professional English skill level.
- Able to work independently and a good communicator.
- Able to work 10-15 hours weekly starting mid-January for about 8 weeks.