Appen is looking for Australian English native speakers for transcription work. Transcription converts recorded speech into a written document.
• Start Date: Approximately mid-February 2018
• Location: Chatswood – note that this is not a work from home position
• Hours: 37.5 hours per week for up to 8 weeks
• Payment: AUD$22.86 p/h exclusive of superannuation
The work will involve listening to audio recordings of Australian English speech and typing down what is said or fixing the given Australian English text to match the audio. Annotation of other acoustic events and commenting on audio quality will also be necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• You must be a native Australian English speaker
• Good computer skills
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Ability to follow instructions closely
Preferred Knowledge/skills but not essential:
• Experience working with languages
• A background or degree in languages
Once you have registered and uploaded your resume, please proceed to AppenOnline and sit the English - Australian spelling test on AppenOnline: http://appenonline.appen.com.au/
It is important that you use Mozilla Firefox to access the spelling test.