Appen is looking to build a pool of independent contractors for an upcoming Canadian English voice coaching project. This is a remote position, but the candidates should be located in Canada for the ease of attending recording sessions.
Start date: Immediate
Length: 4-6 weeks
Hours: Approx. 6 hours per day, 30 hours per week
Location: Remote in Canada
The voice coach will need to:
- be able to explain phonological processes as well as concepts from articulatory and acoustic phonetics
- be able to justify phonetic transcription choices
- understand the physical process of speech production and how to alter speech quality or change phonation
- have a keen awareness of Canadian regional pronunciation differences
- Native speaker of Canadian English
- BA degree or higher in Linguistics or other relevant field
- Has background in phonetics/phonology
- Experience with voice coaching, working as a voice talent, phonetic transcription, experience with spoken dialects etc. considered an advantage
In your resume, please elaborate on your phonetics expertise and list all academic and work background in this linguistic discipline.