Appen is seeking resumes of native Spanish (Spain) linguists for a full time contract role. Successful candidate is a native Spanish speaker (Spain) with academic background in Linguistics and expertise in morphology and syntax. Computational language skills are highly desireable.
They will be working in teams to create and test a style and Grammar checker for Spanish word-processing, using client software.
Start date: Immediate
Length: approximately 6 months (may be extended)
Hours: 40 per week (alternatively, we can appoint multiple linguists working fewer hours)
• Understanding and suggesting corrections to existing morphological database
• Analysis of Spanish morphological information
• Independently learning how to do a task, following processes outlined in documentation
• Writing, editing and/or testing grammar rules
• Planning upcoming tasks, timelines
• Tracking and reporting on progress
• Communicating with your supervisor and other team members; status, issues, questions, solution design
• Contributing to solution design
• Managing your time and determining task priorities
• Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics (or higher)
• Native speaker of Spanish
• High proficiency in English
• Excellent technical skills
• Linguistic skills should include morphology and syntax
• Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail
• Data handling/processing skills
• Experience writing and executing scripts
To be considered for the position, please address the skills required for the role in your current CV.