Appen is an award-winning organization. Our people help leading technology companies expand into new global markets. With capability in over 180 languages, Appen’s global network of specialists and in-country virtual teams work together to ensure new products and technologies operate in all the languages our clients need. Whether our clients need help for in-vehicle speech recognition technology, improving search engine performance or building translation software, Appen delivers.
We are proud to have been named in Forbes Magazine as one of the Top 100 Companies Offering Flexible Jobs in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Appen has an opportunity for a sales or business development professional to join a dynamic, global Business Development team, supporting clients in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Applications are invited from candidates with experience in Business Development, Subcontractor Management or fast paced office environments. Comprehensive training and support will be provided, and an appropriate remuneration level will be negotiated with the successful applicant. The position is based in Chatswood, in Appen’s Sydney office.
• Support members of the Business Development team with the preparation of project proposals
• Prepare Request for Quotation/Proposal documents and negotiate pricing with Appen’s subcontractors
• Manage and maintain Appen’s sales database including tracking customer leads and preparation of sales reports
• Coordinate gathering of inputs to prepare pricing proposals
• Research industry developments and identify opportunities for growth
• Undertake other related roles relating to the work of the Company as required
• Excellent native or near-native English language communications skills, both written and oral
• Highly motivated and proactive self-starter with excellent organisational skills
• Commercial orientation and sound commercial judgement
• Good analytical and negotiation skills and the capability to develop creative solutions
• Accountable and results-driven
• A team player who is willing to work flexible hours within a team that is based in 6 different time zones
• Must be willing and able to travel internationally
• Confident user of MS Office tools, especially Excel
• Work or educational experience in language/linguistics field
• A relevant tertiary degree with strong academic performance
• 1-2 years’ experience in a business development or subcontractor management role
• IT skills and knowledge
Candidates are advised to submit a resume with relevant qualifications and one-page cover letter.