French Transcription Supervisor
Appen is an award-winning organization. Our people help leading technology companies expand into new global markets. With capability in over 180 languages, Appen’s global network of specialists and in-country virtual teams work together to ensure new products and technologies operate in all the languages our clients need. Whether our clients need help for in-vehicle speech recognition technology, improving search engine performance or building translation software, Appen delivers.
We are proud to have been named in Forbes Magazine as one of the Top 100 Companies Offering Flexible Jobs in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
The work will primarily involve the management and supervision of a transcription project in French language.
The role will involve communicating with a team of freelance transcribers in French; data entry; monitoring the throughput of transcribers; assisting with quality control of the project; some translation work.
• Start date: Immediate
• Duration: 6-8 weeks with strong likelihood of an extension
• The successful candidate would work 20-40 hours at our Chatswood office, hours varying based on the stage of the project.
• Payment: AUD$28.14 p/h incl. superannuation.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be a native level speaker of French (Canadian, African or European)
• Good working knowledge of English
• Efficiency and attention to detail
• Good computer and typing skills
• Must have intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel
• Australian work rights
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Translation experience
• Decent knowledge of the local popular culture in French
• Experience in project management is preferred but not essential
• Availability to work full-time will be considered an advantage.