Appen is an award-winning organization. Our people help leading technology companies expand into new global markets. With capability in over 180 languages, Appen’s global network of specialists and in-country virtual teams work together to ensure new products and technologies operate in all the languages our clients need. Whether our clients need help for in-vehicle speech recognition technology, improving search engine performance or building translation software, Appen delivers.
We are proud to have been named in Forbes Magazine as one of the Top 100 Companies Offering Flexible Jobs in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
The main responsibility of an Associate Linguistic Project Manager is to manage projects for Appen’s clients. The ALPM applies their knowledge of linguistic phenomena, technical skills and attention to detail to manage projects to quality expectations, timelines, and budget. The ALPM applies their communication skills to manage stakeholder relationships and teams of language specialists around the world.
- Location: 南京 (in-office)
- Work Hours: 40 hours/ week
- Plan and manage projects in line with quality, time, and budget to ensure effective project execution and delivery
- Onboard, train and oversee a virtual team of consultants to create, evaluate or annotate linguistic data in multiple languages
- Prepare guidelines, training materials and tools, aligned to client specifications
- Ensure close and regular communication with all internal project stakeholders
- Document and manage language resources arising from projects
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in a language related field, such as linguistics, computational linguistics, translation and localization, or equivalent
- Good technical and data management skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment characterised by constant change, and a fast, deadline driven culture
- Must be currently residing in Nanjing, China and fluent in English
Preferred Experience/ Skills:
- Project management experience, preferably in a language, linguistics, or software related field
- Degree in linguistics, computational linguistics or language related studies, or equivalent experience
- Some experience with regular expressions, bash scripting, or programming skills
- Native or near native proficiency in at least one language other than English
- Exposure to a range of Natural Language Processing technologies