We are looking for a Contract Trainer to enhance the competencies of individual employees by designing and conducting training programs that will boost employees’ workplace performance in alliance with company’s core values. The Contract Trainer is responsible for performing training needs assessments, standardizes training initiatives, and tracking and reporting on training success. The Contract Trainer will also be responsible for designing and delivering curriculum and managing all phases of internal training. Materials will be delivered through multiple methods such as in-person, web-based, virtual classrooms, self-study and practice exercises. Training typically focuses on processes, policies and “soft skills” (how people relate to each other: communication, solving problems, working with teams, etc.)
- Should be familiar with curriculum development, online learning and instruction, theories of adult learning such as ADDIE and SAM and able to independently develop courses for both internal and external audiences.
- Must be able to assist in taking a project from conception to final design utilizing multimedia technology and authoring tools.
- Must partner with Appen Leadership to determine training needs, develop materials, schedule and deliver training sessions
- Conducts or facilitates general and specific training/instruction programs for organization employees.
- Provides orientation and training on new course materials through the selection of appropriate training aids and/or materials.
- Gathers information on business objectives from management, determines training needs, and recommends solutions.
- Prepares lesson plans relevant to training material.
- Tracks and analyzes training programs by examining training participants’ job performance.
- Conducts and analyzes course evaluations to judge effectiveness of training sessions and implements improvements. Collects information on employee performance and response to training
- Actively participates in the design of training/instructional materials including self-study modules, policy and procedure manuals and instructor led materials.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications:
- Proficient in MS Office, SharePoint, Articulate Applications: 360 and Rise.
- Able to quickly learn company technology and products.
- Desire to continuously learn new features of development tools and software.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly and accurately.
- Ensure that all information is consistent, easy to understand, and well organized.
- Proofread and edit own work and work of others to improve quality, readability, consistency, and effectiveness of documentation.
- High attention to detail and demonstrated time management/organizational skills.
- Experience utilizing multiple methods of training, both virtual and in-person
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to proactively identify problem, gather information and set course of action.
- Able to establish productive, co-operative relationships and demonstrate excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the big picture and use sound judgment to reach decisions while demonstrating sensitivity for all parties and issues.
- Innovative thinker that drives the development and implementation of new ideas; unafraid of taking risks to accomplish goals.
- Must be an attentive and careful listener and respond appropriately to others.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related fields.
- 3+ years of curriculum design utilizing PowerPoint, Photoshop, Storyline 2, 360 or equivalent software as an instructional designer.
- 3+ years of experience presenting/teaching/training personnel or equivalent experience.
- Expert-level experience with Microsoft Office Suite of products including Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint