Language Project Coordinator – Language Technology Projects
Appen is an award-winning organization. Our people help leading technology companies expand into new global markets. With capability in over 180 languages, Appen’s global network of specialists and in-country virtual teams work together to ensure new products and technologies operate in all the languages our clients need. Whether our clients need help for in-vehicle speech recognition technology, improving search engine performance or building translation software, Appen delivers.
We are proud to have been named in Forbes Magazine as one of the Top 100 Companies Offering Flexible Jobs in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
To meet our current and future work commitments we are inviting applications from individuals with interest in language, technology and project management. The role involves managing concurrent projects, applying your linguistic and technical skills. The successful candidate will join a friendly project focused team supporting clients in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
You will coordinate teams toward customer project delivery while simultaneously handling key stakeholder relationships. You will need to be a highly motivated, ‘results driven’ individual, with superior organizational skills. You will be a natural leader, with excellent communication skills, that enable you to build relationships and motivate project team members.
The position is based in Chatswood, NSW.
Hiring date is to be determined, as the position is not active yet.
- Manage language projects to achieve targets in relation to quality, timelines, scope and budget
- Interpret guidelines and prepare training manuals and project-related materials
- Recruit, train and supervise appropriate resources, where necessary
- Manage risks and issues and undertake recovery actions as necessary
- Liaise with project stakeholders and prepare reports
Qualifications and Experience
- Exposure to linguistics or a language related field, gained through relevant studies or work experience
- A relevant tertiary degree with strong academic performance
- Good technical and data management skills
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- High levels of energy and motivation
- Good analytical skills and problem solving ability
- A proactive “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work effectively in an ever-changing environment and a fast deadline driven culture
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience in a project coordination role in a technology-oriented or services organization
- Understanding of linguistic concept and terminology
- Exposure to a range of Natural Language Processing technologies