Appen is looking for New Zealand English native speakers for transcription work. Transcription converts recorded speech into a written document.
- Start Date: Immediate
- Location: North Sydney – note that this is not a work from home position
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week for up to 8 weeks from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm
- Payment: AUD$22.86 p/h exclusive of superannuation based on a casual contract
The work will involve listening to audio recordings of New Zealand English speech and typing down what is said or fixing the given New Zealand English text to match the audio. Annotation of other acoustic events and commenting on audio quality will also be necessary.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You must be a native New Zealand English speaker
- Good computer skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions closely
- Preferred Knowledge/skills but not essential:
- Experience working with languages
- A background or degree in languages