Appen, the #1 Employer on Flexjobs’s Top 100 Employers for Flexible work, is hiring for work from home roles. We offer competitive pay, free training and the ability to set your own work schedule. Appen is working on a paid language-based project to improve online user experience and we are looking for English native speakers to participate in this project.
- Location: Remote
- Hours: 15+ hours per week
- Length: 2-3 weeks
- Required locales: San Juan County, New Mexico
- Start date: Immediate
- The project involves populating map data with accurate local pronunciations.
- Consultant will review, verify, correct and add pronunciations as necessary for roads and places local to the indicated county.
- This task can be performed by residents of San Juan County, New Mexico or residents of neighboring counties who are very familiar with San Juan County.
- Has lived at least 10 years in San Juan County, New Mexico.
- Significant experience navigating and/or giving directions throughout the county
- Native speaker of US English dialect local to Texas.
- Access to a Mac computer running High Sierra (Mac OS 10.13.X) or higher.
Some college-level Linguistics or English courses preferred.
Detailed instructions will be provided via email shortly to those candidates who have been shortlisted.
Appen constantly seeks motivated freelancers to support their translation, transcription, annotation and data collection teams. Your successful contribution to this project will grant you a space in our database and a good chance to be considered for projects in the future.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.