Appen, the global leader in language and search technology is looking for Transcribers who are enthusiastic, reliable, and talented to join our friendly team in Exeter.
- Have been resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years
- Minimum typing speed of 60 words per minute
- Good command of the English language
- Excellent hearing skills and high attention to detail
- Confident in the use of technology and be willing to work on a variety of systems
- Enhanced security clearance is required for this position
- You will be required to accurately and carefully complete audio editing and transcription tasks on a variety of audio recordings
- You will accurately and effectively edit audio recordings by removing unsuitable sections in accordance with stringent guidelines, to provide suitable audio files for the transcription phase
- You will then be required to transcribe, extremely accurately, from the edited audio recordings, in the prescribed format, using noise event tags to represent any non-speech sounds when they occur
- Transcribers are required to accurately complete all forms of verbatim transcription and summarization from audio and video recordings as well as copy typed statements of evidence
What we offer:
- Employment: Permanent contract
- Job Type: Full-time (In-office)
- Work Hours: 40 hours/ week
- Work Location: Exeter, Devon
- Compensation: £19,538.69 per annum
Application process: Upon completed registration, candidates need to take the qualification test to be given by the recruitment team.
We take pride in our diverse team and our flexible work opportunities, and as a publicly traded company our efforts has earned us 1st place in the FlexJobs Top 100 Companies index. Deloitte also recognized Appen as the winner of the 2017 Asia Pacific Technology Fast 500 and the Technology Fast 50 Australia awards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.