Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. With over 20 years of experience, expertise in more than 180 languages, and access to a global crowd of over 400,000, Appen partners with leading technology companies to enhance their machine learning-based products.
We are currently seeking an ambitious and energetic native-level Japanese speaking Data Collection Project Supervisor, who under the direction of the Project Manager, will work closely with members of the language resource team to assist with the successful delivery of speech collection projects.
Working as part of a team your key areas of responsibility include: project set-up and administration and crowd management. To be successful in this role you will need to develop and execute successful candidate engagement strategies and build a pipeline of qualified candidates through proactive liaising with potential partners and candidates and ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget whilst maintaining good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Location: In-office, Chatswood, Sydney
Length: Initial 6 month contract, with the possibility to extend
Working Hours/ Day: 7.5
Working Days/ Week: 5
• Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move potential candidates through the project onboarding funnel.
• Take ownership of successful creation, execution, monitoring and reporting on all type of candidate engagement strategies.
• Manage data collection participants in Appen’s online platforms.
• Provide general project management advice and operational support to project teams, coordinating the implementation and delivery of activities and tasks in order to meet established milestones and deliverables.
• Follow strict confidentiality protocol regulating the handling of project details and other sensitive information.
Required Years of Experience:
• 1+ years experience and knowledge in online data collection operations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Native-level speaker of Japanese and fluent in communicating in English (both oral and written)
• Ideally you will be experienced in all aspects of user management provision in relation to market research/crowdsourcing projects. You will also have an intuitive approach and a service orientated and flexible outlook to your work.
• A self-starter, who can work independently and proactively to resolve issues, take ownership of the tools, processes, reporting and relationships with vendors
• Have very strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data, identify trends and analyse program effectiveness
• Naturally curious and want to experiment with new and creative ideas
• Can thrive working in a metric-driven, fast-paced, high-growth environment.
• Have strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to pitch comprehensive user engagement solutions.
Required Software/Codes & Standards:
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office - Excel, VBA, Word, and Outlook
Document to be submitted:
• Please include with your application: your updated CV/resume; details of any language qualifications you hold; your availability