Appen, the #1 Employer on Flexjobs’s Top 100 Employers for Flexible work, is hiring for work from home roles. We offer competitive pay, free training and the ability to set your own work schedule. Appen is working on a paid language-based project to improve online user experience and we are looking for several English native speakers to participate in this project.
- Location: Remote, work from home
- Hours: 15+ hours per week
- Length: 4-5 weeks with potential for additional ongoing work
- Required locales: Southeast Pennsylvania region
- Start date: Immediate
- The project involves populating map data with accurate local pronunciations.
- Consultant will review, verify, correct and add pronunciations as necessary for roads and places local to the indicated county.
- This task can be performed by residents of southeast Pennsylvania region and due to nature of the task we strongly prefer candidates from the following counties: Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Delaware. Well-qualified candidates from neighboring counties are also welcome to apply.
- Has lived at least 10 years in southeast Pennsylvania region.
- Significant experience navigating and/or giving directions throughout this region, including rural areas.
- Native speaker of US English dialect local to Pennsylvania.
- Mac computer running High Sierra (Mac OS 10.13.5) or higher.
Some college-level Linguistics or English courses preferred.
Detailed instructions will be provided via email shortly to those candidates who have been shortlisted.
Appen constantly seeks motivated freelancers to support their translation, transcription, annotation and data collection teams. Your successful contribution to this project will grant you a space in our database and a good chance to be considered for projects in the future.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.