Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 800,000 skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies - as well as governments worldwide - to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
Appen’s Quality Analyst will be joining a team of other Analysts who are responsible for monitoring and driving key performance metrics for a group of independent contractors (ICs) and contingent employees (crowd) who are doing search relevance projects to assist our technology client to increase search results and improve Ad traffic from their search engine. It’s an exciting time at Appen and our program with this client is growing! This position can be based anywhere in the Greater Seattle, WA or Pleasanton, CA (Bay Area) area. The team has the flexibility to work from home, at least part-time.
- Meet all quality and accuracy goals for various Appen projects
- Perform ad hoc quality inspections of crowdsourced tasks to ensure accuracy
- Assess crowdsourced work for quality and provide coaching and feedback as needed
- Utilize Appen’s technology platform to identify and address low quality crowdsourced tasks
- Identify training opportunities that will drive increased levels of quality through various projects
- Respond to contractor inquiries about the platform, quality metrics and customer audits
- Analyze and evaluate statistical reports to proactively identify and improve individual IC and team results to improve client satisfaction
- Support the Quality Team with other ad-hoc projects as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 1-2 years of professional work experience, ideally in a similar role.
- Excellent web research skills and analytical abilities
- Excellent comprehension and written communication skills in English
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Experience creating computer based training courses is a plus
- Can-do positive attitude and willingness to work on a team
- Have in-depth, up-to-date familiarity with American social culture, media, and web culture
- Broad range of interests, with specific areas of expertise a plus
- Native-level fluency in English and fluency in other languages such as: Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, or French is advantageous