Appen is seeking resumes of qualified Arabic speaking linguists for an upcoming project.
Recordings will be in Beirut, Lebanon. It is preferable to have the voice coach working in the studio during the recordings (although there is some possibility for working remotely some of the time, for exceptionally qualified candidates).
Date & Duration
Recordings will start either on 8/27 or 9/3 (to be confirmed) and will last most likely until early November. The client will be recording 6 hours per day (3hrs recording – 1 hour break – 3hrs recording), 5 days per week.
- Native Arabic speaker
- Proficient in MSA, reading and writing (including diacritics)
- Experience (3+ years) in training presenters in a TV or Radio where MSA is used, familiar with MSA broadcasting standard
- Good knowledge of Arabic phonemes (pronunciation alphabets like IPA or X-SAMPA)
- Comfortable working with computer
- Good command of English
- Able to join the project for 10-12 weeks (from the second half of August)
- Ability to travel to one of those countries: Egypt, Lebanon, UAE or Poland.
- Degree in linguistics, preferably phonology and phonetics
- Experience in working in recording studio and with speech recordings
- Conducting voice training is a plus
Responsibilities of VC
- Help with pronunciation of difficult words
- Correct the pronunciation of voice talent in case of mistakes
- Ensuring the speaking rate, pitch and voice quality is consistent
- Ensure consistency of reading ordinary and problematic words like foreigns, names etc.
- Provide vocal techniques for problematic (breathy/creaky) voice quality
- Optional: Read the English transcription