As an Enterprise Sales Executive at APPEN, you will be responsible for selling our solutions to help companies solve their Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Natural Language processing data needs.
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll help support APPENs charter to expand its industry presence by:
- Managing and growing accounts by selling specific portfolio solutions
- Building strong relationships and identifying customer needs
- Delivering value to customers
- Making persuasive service/product presentations
- Closing through logical, incremental steps
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for achieving sales goals by selling service and software solutions. They will be sharp, professionally aggressive, and a highly motivated team player. An ideal background will include:
- Ability to manage the end-end sales cycle with both new and existing clients from initial meetings to POC/prototype to contract negotiation
- Expertise in the areas of new business development, relationship building, pipeline management including the use of Salesforce to track and manage opportunities.
- Identify, uncover, and develop account opportunities
- Sell Appen solutions in the speech recognition, speech device (Alexa, Google Home, etc.), Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning space
- Excellent ability to properly qualify projects and provide feedback to the Appen pre-sales and project management teams to maximize an efficient sales cycle
- Develop revenue opportunities through networking, cold calling, response to internet lead generation and face-to-face conversations (including, but not limited to, sales presentations) with existing clients and potential prospects
- Develop and deliver custom sales presentations and demonstrations.
- Create and propose data preparation recommendations that best suit customer needs
- Manage RFP processes and prepare accurate contracts on behalf of Appen
- Comfortable communicating with Director, VP, and C-level individuals
- Document activity in Salesforce to accurately forecast the business on a consistent basis.
- Exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue goals
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience in Sales
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in computer software and technology (Salesforce experience is a plus)
- Experience in working with client in areas such as data analytics, AI, machine learning, cognitive computing, data mining, BI or big data is preferred
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS
- You are energetic and enjoy working in a fast paced and agile environment where you can apply your entrepreneurial approach and thinking
- Ability to travel as required to perform role requirements
- Able to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Excellent facilitation, presentation and strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across multiple time-zones
- Ambition and a willingness to learn and develop professionally
*Candidates are required to attach a cover letter.