Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 800,000 skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies - as well as governments worldwide - to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
The overall Q&I Team Leader, the Director, would possess extensive experience of setting quality control framework and processes for complex projects, with a track record of substantially improving resource quality and overall data quality output. The QC Director would review the current project quality control processes, make improvements through improved training documentation, application of statistical quality analysis and act as an SME resource for the current project management team. Lead project process improvement identifying areas where project teams can improve delivery, quality and costs through automation, while implementing visual metric scorecards and reporting. Implement a Quality Framework supported by RCA Processes and implement corrective actions across all project teams.
- Leadership: Leader of Q&I Team responsible for project engagement, scoping, deliverables, and resources.
- Quality: Determines best resource quality and articulates internally and to Client. Designs and deploys quality framework and RCCA process across all teams and projects.
- Instructional Knowledge: Responsible for the designing, documenting, and measuring of resource quality data and processes for all projects.
- Statistical Analysis: Deploys statistical (six sigma) methodology and predictive analysis for complex projects.
- Visualization Techniques: Designs and/or creates client and internal scorecards and dashboards that accurately illustrate and improve project performance.
- CI & Automation: Substantially improves quality & performance through innovation, automation and continuous improvement activities.
- Consultancy: Provide our Clients thought-leadership and consultative recommendations on how to best improve resource data quality and accuracy (also train our leaders).
- Communication: Lead and participate in regular team meetings. Where necessary, complete additional tasks as assigned.
- 7 to 10 years of qualified experience with a strong background in quality and continuous improvement
- Minimum 5 years managing high-performing teams
- BS In Computer Science / Business Analytics or equiv degree and/or experience
- Domain experience with predictive analytics or data engineering
- Experience with some of the following:
- Analytical Tools - Azure ML, SPSS Modeler, Minitab, Advanced MS Excel, Solver, @risk, ANOVA, Regression analysis
- Visualization Tool - Tableau, Free Mind, Power BI
- Scripting Languages - SQL, R(Basic), Python, Excel Macros(VBA), HTML, SAS(Basic)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ideally extensive Quality, Crowdsourcing Domain, Six Sigma, Statistics and Visualization proficiencies.
- Understands Quality, Six Sigma & RCCA Frameworks.
- Strong engineering liaison skills with platforms & automation.
- Excellent instructional knowledge, multi-media and documentation skills.
- Ability to effectively deal with complex, ambiguous situations by applying excellent analytical problem solving skills/tools.
- Consultative and collaboration approach and demeanor with strong influencing skills.
- Motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion.
- Flexible, independent, self-motivated; able to deal calmly and professionally with ambiguous data while leading in an environment of constant change.
- Excellent communication skills, executive and client-facing, including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally. Must also be an attentive and careful listener and respond appropriately to others.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with attention to details.
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for a global marketplace and workforce.