(Candidates must be commutable to Appen's South Bay, San Francisco or Kirkland, WA offices)
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 800,000 skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies - as well as governments worldwide - to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
Position Summary: (This is a newly created position within a newly created department)
The Quality Analyst(s) is a data savvy individual that has the curiosity and passion to dig into gnarly business problems and the analytics skills to develop solutions that will scale across multiple client projects. This team member will analyze the human annotated datasets used to train some of the world's most impactful machine learning algorithms. Through the use of statistical tools and techniques, the Data Analyst will identify major drivers for inconsistent data quality, define control measures and provide recommendations for innovation and process improvement that will improve the client experience.
- Quality Improvement: Use Statistical modeling and develop predictive models to poractively address quality issues upstream and collaborate with teams to both solve issues in real-time and drive improvements in Appen platforms.
- Data Quality: Clean, massage and organize data in preparation for analysis.
- Performance Improvement: Use data and statistical methods to provide insight into quality and delivery performance and suggest areas and methods of improving Client Services and processes.
- Improve Client Satisfaction: Assist Client Teams by analyzing and evaluating statistical reports as a means to proactively identify root cause.
- Visualization Techniques: Designs and/or creates client and internal scorecards and dashboards that accurately illustrate project performance.
- Communication: Communicate and tell compelling stories using key insights.
- 2 to 3 years of qualified experience, Bachelor’s degree in Statistics/Mathematics or equivalent degree / work experience
- Demonstrated Use of Tools and Techniques:
- Analytics – R, Azure ML, SPSS Modeler, Minitab, Advanced MS Excel, etc.
- Visualization - Power BI, Tableau or Free Mind
- Statistical Modeling - Decision Tree, ANOVA, etc.
- Other – SQL, Python, MS Office
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understand how to apply Quality, Six Sigma & RCCA Frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to aggregate and cleanse diverse sources of data.
- Ability to effectively deal with complex, ambiguous situations by applying excellent analytical problem solving skills/tools.
- Uses a consultative and collaborative approach and demeanor with strong influencing skills.
- Embraces continuous improvement philosophy.
- Motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion.
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for a global marketplace and workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.