(Candidates must be commutable to Appen's South Bay, San Francisco or Kirkland, WA offices)
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 800,000 skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies - as well as governments worldwide - to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
Position Summary: (This is a newly created position within a newly created department)
The Quality Analyst(s) will analyze resource quality data through the deployment of statistical tools and techniques, identify major drivers for inconsistent quality, define control measures and provide recommendations for higher quality through optimized rater demographics, process improvement and data analytics. Proactively provide best practices, insights and techniques for capturing high quality data to project teams. Develop high quality dashboards and scorecards that best illustrate data representation to clients. Determine the cost of poor data quality, identify causes and implement corrective actions across all project teams.
- Quality Improvement: Developing predictive modeling using logistic regression for identifying possible resource data quality improvement.
- Performance Improvement: Use Appen Global/Connect Platform data and statistical methods to provide insight into quality and delivery performance and suggest areas and methods of improving Client Services and processes.
- Improve Client Satisfaction: Assist Client Teams by analyzing and evaluating statistical reports as a means to proactively identify and improve individual and roster results ultimately improving Client satisfaction.
- Predictive Analytics: Apply to vast amounts of real-time resource data and combined with Team and Client insight, to predict future quality probabilities.
- Statistical Modeling: Use data mining and statistical modeling to help teams make future project performance targets and identify risks.
- Visualization Techniques: Designs and/or creates client and internal scorecards and dashboards that accurately illustrate and improve project performance.
- Collaborate with Rater Community Manager: In support of ‘Crowd as a Customer’ initiative.
- Communication: Lead and/or participate in regular team meetings. Where necessary, complete additional tasks as assigned.
- 2 to 3 years of qualified experience, Bachelor’s degree in Statistics/Mathematics or equivalent degree / work experience
- Analytical Tools - Azure ML, SPSS Modeler, Minitab, Advanced MS Excel, Solver, @risk ANOVA, etc.
- Visualization Tool - Tableau, Free Mind, Power BI
- Statistical Techniques Decision Tree
- Other Tools - NVDA, WAVE, Jenkins, Putty, SOAP UI, Quality Centre, MS Office
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understands Quality, Six Sigma & RCCA Frameworks.
- Ability to effectively deal with complex, ambiguous situations by applying excellent analytical problem solving skills/tools.
- Consultative and collaboration approach and demeanor with strong influencing skills.
- Embraces continuous improvement philosophy.
- Motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion.
- Flexible, independent, self-motivated; able to deal calmly and professionally with ambiguous data while leading in an environment of constant change.
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally. Must also be an attentive and careful listener and respond appropriately to others.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with attention to details.
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for a global marketplace and workforce.