Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 800,000 skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies - as well as governments worldwide - to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
The Instructional Designer would be a SME in identifying learning opportunities within a project that would drive quality improvement, designing effective training material of various mediums tailored to the project and creating all required resource training material. The Instructional Designer would provide best practices and standardized knowledge transfer to the existing project management team, so that they could continue to develop effective training material post-engagement. This will support growth and scalability through the sharing of domain knowledge, training material and documentation controls.
- Effective Rater Training: The Instructional Designer is a SME and supports projects by designing, documenting and organizing effective resource learning & multi-media training materials in partnership with Knowledge Manager.
- Improved Process Documentation: Applies superior process documentation techniques that results in Rater output quality improvement.
- Best Practice Knowledge: Responsible for knowledge-sharing and best practice documentation and facilitation to all teams.
- Standardization & Visualization: This includes standardization of QBR formats, client presentations, and input on metric interactive scorecards and visualization Tools retained in a information management systems.
- Scalable & Maintainable: Framework to keep training materials current, relevant and available to stakeholders – liaison with IT department and Knowledge Manager.
- Communication: Lead and/or participate in regular team meetings. Where necessary, complete additional tasks as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years of qualified experience including ID software systems such as Articulate, Rise or other equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Library & Information Science or equivalent degree and/or work experience
- Familiarity and proficiency in systems and applications (i.e. SharePoint, Confluence, JIRA)
- Experience training people of varying skill levels
- Knowledge of information management and search methodologies
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent documentation organization knowledge and skills.
- Deep crowdsourcing and resource domain expertise.
- Proficient trainer with a profound ability to connect with trainees.
- Consultative and collaboration approach and demeanor.
- Embraces continuous improvement philosophy.
- Motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion.
- Flexible, independent, self-motivated; able to deal calmly and professionally with ambiguous data while leading in an environment of constant change.
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally. Must also be an attentive and careful listener and respond appropriately to others.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with attention to details.
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for a global marketplace and workforce.