Appen is seeking resumes of qualified Lithuanian native level speakers with strong background in Linguistics.
The work will involve assisting in the creation of a Lithuanian database which consists of phonetic transcription of words spelled in Lithuanian. The phonetic transcription is in SAMPA.
Most of the linguist's time will be spent on reviewing phonetic transcriptions written in Lithuanian. Orientation in Appen processes will be provided.
- The project start date is asap.
- The successful candidate will work from home.
- Contract length: 2 weeks approximately
- Must have, or be currently taking, a university degree in Linguistics. Graduate level - Masters or Ph. D. is preferred.
- Must be a native level speaker of Lithuanian.
- The candidate must have training in phonetic transcription. Hence, the candidate must have completed classes in phonetics and phonology.
- Good typing and computer skills essential.
- Must pass SAMPA phonetic transcription test.
- Must be able to understand and follow detailed instructions written in English.
- Reliable Internet connection is required.