The on-site auditor team assists project managers in driving performance on projects with confidential social media clients. This includes providing support with tasks that focus on improving data quality, individual rater quality, identifying trends, and escalating market-specific issues to project managers. Daily work takes place in an internal tool for which training is provided. Candidates selected for an interview will be given a task simulation to better understand the daily work.
Demonstrated flexibility, agility, and adaptability to constant changing program needs are essential in this role. The auditor position requires 20 hours per week and is based in Appen’s Kirkland office; work cannot be completed remotely.
Goals and Purpose of the In-Office Auditor position:
- Complete daily auditing of project ratings within an internal tool
- Support project managers and other stakeholders by reviewing the assigned labels to social media data
- Improve efficiencies for the management of program quality across markets
- Promote collaboration amongst other auditors to support a consistent interpretation of the guidelines
- Focus should always be on improving project rating quality
- Monitor rater quality and guideline compliance through individual task reviews
- Identify and escalate data trends according to guidelines provided by Appen
- Explain the guidelines and reasoning behind labeling to raters, PMs, etc.
- Update documents including guidelines and FAQs in different platforms
- Act as the subject matter expert and resource for annotation questions
- Assist in creating or compiling examples for roster training sets or documents
- Attend meetings as scheduled
- Familiarity and regular use of social media platforms
- Currently residing in the greater Seattle area
- 1-2 years’ experience as a translator, data annotator, judge, rater, or similar field.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with particular emphasis on ability to provide effective coaching and feedback as needed
- Desirable but not required: Native, or near native fluency in second language (Dutch, French, Spanish, German, Etc.)