Appen develops high quality speech and language technology solutions namely used in car navigation systems, mobile phones, word processing packages, directory assistance, speaker verification tools and hand-held machine translation devices. Our staff comprises Linguists, IT professionals and Project Managers who collaborate to produce quality work in over 100 different languages for many of the world’s leading companies.
The main responsibility of an Associate Linguistic Project Manager is to manage projects for Appen’s clients. The ALPM applies their technical skills and attention to detail to manage projects to quality expectations, timelines, and budget. The ALPM applies their communication skills to manage stakeholder relationships and teams of language specialists around the world.
- Manage and enhance linguistic data to meet quality requirements
- Plan and manage projects to quality, time and budget to ensure effective project execution and delivery.
- Prepare guidelines, training materials and tools, aligned to client specifications.
- Ensure close and regular communication with all internal project stakeholders.
- Document and manage language resources arising from projects.
- Oversee the work of consultants, including task assignment, scheduling and monitoring.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in computer studies, such as programming, coding, linguistics, or computational linguistics.
- Excellent technical and data management and manipulation skills, including experience with regular expressions, bash scripting, python or programming skills.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment characterised by constant change, and a fast, deadline-driven culture.
- Australian working rights
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Project management experience, preferably in a language, linguistics, or software-related field.
- Degree in computer studies, computational linguistics or equivalent experience.
- Native or near-native proficiency in at least one language other than English.
- Exposure to a range of Natural Language Processing technologies.
- Estimated weekly hours: 30-40 hours a week
- Project start date and length: Start immediately
- Location: Chatswood Office, Sydney