Appen is looking for a team of linguists to provide phonemic transcription and audio QC of large amounts of linguistic data to achieve high-quality output, in coordination with our client’s development team.
Hours: up to full time (40 hours/week)
Length: 5 months
- Review guidelines for speech projects involving text processing and audio data evaluation
- Review phonological inventory and phonotactic rules of given language
- Proofread phonemic transcriptions of TTS script lines and make edits as needed
- Evaluate recorded audio and edit the associated phonemic transcriptions as needed (headphones required)
- Native speaker of Mandarin
- Fluent in English
- Degree in Linguistics or language-related field
- Previous experience in phonemic transcription of Mandarin
- Specialization in phonetics or phonology
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity company and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.