Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only good training data can produces the best machine learning solutions. However, creating training data with high quality in a scalable way is very challenging and very few company can do it. The whole AI world is starving for great training data. Appen is the market lead in training data generation field for more than 22 years and generates all kinds of training data like content relevance, image & video, text and audio, as well as data capturing.
Appen Tech team is solving the AI data problem by combining the power of human and technology. This world-class and exciting product director position awaits qualified candidate, who will manage Appen’s annotation platform product manager team. This team is responsible for build the most efficient annotation platform to help millions of workers globally to complete their job more efficiently thus generating high quality training data. The platform includes image annotation, video annotation, voice/video transcription, translation, text annotation, Lexington, data capture tools, and pre-annotation with machine learning. It is an exciting opportunity to make your own mark in the AI data industry!
You also get the opportunity to work with our global tech team from Silicon Valley and Sydney. It is a leading data company with a start-up culture. And we only want people who wants to make a huge impact to the AI world instead of just a job!
- Build the most efficient annotation platform to help millions of workers globally to complete their job more efficiently thus generating high quality training data.
- The platform includes image annotation, video annotation, voice/video transcription, translation, text annotation, Lexington, data capture tools, and pre-annotation with machine learning.
- Learn and understand AI data need in those fields and provide best platform to generate high quality data with least human effort.
- Product Strategy – Leads the definition of the product strategy and roadmap that will meet our business objectives and deliver business goals.
- Communication and Cross Team Coordination – PM is the centre of excellence for working cross-functionally and across teams.
- Product Specifications – PMs work closely with Development, Applied Scientist, QA, UED author specifications the team can deliver in the timeframe needed, with high quality, and with minimal clarifications or change requests.
- Product Planning and Delivery – Create and maintain program and project plans. PM manages the overall schedule and dependency map to ship features on time with high quality
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- 10+ years’ work experience in software product management area.
- Strong technical acumen with a background in HCI, CS, Analytics, or a research oriented field
- Technologists with the ability to synthesize customer needs and competitive insights into a product plan
- Critical thinking/ability to prioritize
- Product intuition and judgment; ability to prioritize and make trade offs
- Ability to use analytics and research to focus data driven decisions
- Understand the customer through a variety of methods
- Experts at cross-group coordination/collaboration
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional core project management skills: specifying product requirements, scheduling and driving features to completion
- Experience in Agile Product Development methodologies and processes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.