Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 400,000 contractors, Appen partners with leading technology, automotive and eCommerce companies – as well as governments worldwide – to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
- Works with the General Manager Information Technology Services in establishing the vision and global security strategy, policies and roadmap for Appen
- Is responsible for promoting information security awareness within the organization and coordinates information security training for employees, contractors, partners, and other third parties as appropriate.
- Recommend security enhancements to IT Management.
- Implements documented information security policies and procedures across all business units.
- Assists in creating the annual risk assessment from which the security plan will be modified.
- Monitors compliance with the organization’s information security policies and procedures among employees, contractors, partners, and other third parties; resolve potential issues/manage remediation plans as needed.
- Performs annual information security risk assessments.
- Ensure that IT security audits are conducted periodically or as needed (e.g., when a security breach occurs).
- Participates in development of organization’s disaster recovery and business continuity plans for information systems.
- Oversees incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches
- Designs, installs and administers network security through server fire walls and network security systems.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information technology – highly desirable
- IT Service Management certification – desirable
- Candidates with certification in information security (CISSP, CSSLP, CCFP, CISM, etc.) or comparable work experience will be given preference.
- ISO 27001 accreditation experience will be given preference
- 10 years of related work experience, with 3 or more in an information security management position, is also required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with people at every level and in every department are essential.
- Working in a global company with a geographically dispersed team is required.
- Working in a high growth, commercially oriented ASX listed enterprise.
- Risk analysis/assessment experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/Linux server required.
- Experience with AWS environment is required