We are looking for a Receptionist to manage our front desk to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
Must be able to commute to our Kirkland, WA office daily
As a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our company. Our Receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence or deliveries and redirecting phone calls along with assisting/resolving queries and issues.
Executives, divisional management within teams, general staff (employees, contractors, casuals)
Vendors, suppliers, building management/facility maintenance, investors, potential investors, external visitors or casuals for projects or meetings and candidates for interviews etc.
- Greet and welcome guests on arrival to the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Manage parking passes for visitors
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area, meeting rooms and kitchen are tidy and presentable
- Provide basic and accurate information to in-person and via phone/email enquiries
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/courier deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (issue visitor badges and office access cards)
- Order office and kitchen supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Monitor meeting calendars and assist with room bookings
- Arrange travel and accommodation, catering for office or team events
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs, reconcile expenses for various corporate credit card holders
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, scanning, archiving
- Create and maintain Docusign contracts/NDA’s
- Assist Executive Assistant or teams with ad hoc projects and tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Professional attitude and appearance; customer service attitude
- High school degree; additional certification in Office Management or completed college degree is a plus
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office, Customer Service Representative or similar role (2 years is acceptable as a starting point)
- To be successful in this role as the Receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with priority tasks in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining regular office operations.
- Multitasking and organizational management skills are essential for this position.
Ultimately, a Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk runs smoothly, welcoming guests warmly and executing all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.