We are looking for Linguists/Computational Linguists who are native speakers of Japanese, for flexible or full-time home-based role. The project is an exciting and challenging opportunity to help develop world-class linguistic software. Linguistic skills should include grammar, syntax, morphology, computational.
The candidates should be familiar with linguistic tools, and language technology applications.
Hours per week: 15-20
Project length: 12+ weeks
Project start date: asap
- Project Management: Triage and review, project scheduling.
- Test: Test lexicons, evaluate test results. Evaluate design and implementation of grammar rules; using logical operators and symbolic language, develop patterns for testing application of the rules.
- Documentation: Using strong English language skills, linguistic and technical expertise, document tools and processes.
- Advanced degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics.
- Native speaker of Japanese.
- High proficiency in English.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Linguistic skills should include morphology and syntax.
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Capable of managing or performing computational linguistic work in several languages.
- An individual with a computational linguistics degree and proven experience (syntax, morphology, lexicography) on multiple languages.
- Must be capable of working across multiple languages, leveraging deep linguistic knowledge and computational experience with other languages.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.