The scope of this role is for China offices and it is responsible for:
- Cost effective and stable delivery of IT Services
- Procurement of IT assets and services
- Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of IT Services
- Implementing IT group policy and best practice guides
- Managing IT staff
- Responsible for implementing and providing support of the company’s technology infrastructure (desktop computers (Windows and Apple), network equipment and applications.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with users, teams, and their associated requirements.
- Manages technology related items including: relationships with external vendors; the operating environment users, including full deskside support; and liaising with other departments.
- Maintains IT organization's on-site effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Preserves assets by managing disaster recovery and back-up procedures in addition to information security and access control structures.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Provides input to IT strategies, policies, and procedures by anticipating requirements through proactive identification of problems, trends, and outcomes.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by: forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective action.
- Provides analysis and reporting as requested by Appen teams and leadership.
- Assist in the planning, procurement, implementation, operations, maintenance, and obsolescence of the company’s technology assets.
- Qualification or degree in Information Technology, Science or Computer Science - required
- IT Service Management (ITIL) certification – desirable
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certification desirable
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience – 5+ years
- Experience in supporting and implementing MS Windows and Apple Mac, AWS and Linux technology - 5 years
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation – 3 years
- Ability to manage personnel
This is a new role in the organisation and it is expected to build the IT Team within the China region.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.