Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. With over 20 years of experience, expertise in more than 180 languages, and access to a global crowd of over 400,000, Appen partners with leading technology companies to enhance their machine learning-based products.
- We are looking for an experienced Business Development Specialist who is highly motivated, self-starter able to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including online business sites, marketing leads, prospect lists, and individual research.
- The Business Development Specialists that we are looking for is responsible for prospecting, qualifying and generating new sales leads to support the US Business Development Team.
- Engage prospects online through social media outlets.
- Navigate corporate structures to ascertain who the buyers and decision maker are.
- Work in cooperation with the US Business Development team to schedule introductory calls.
- If an opportunity is identified for another sales area, takes appropriate action to forward the lead.
- Manage, track and report daily prospecting and lead generation activities
- Produce the required number and type of qualified leads on a monthly basis
- Understand and help to drive Corporate Sales and Revenue goals.
- Develop a sound understanding of company value proposition.
Required Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
Required Years of Experience: 2-5 Years
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A true sales hunter with sales experience.
- Confident, assertive and goal oriented.
- A dynamic personality with an innate ability to identify relevant prospect opportunities.
- Online internet research skills and working experience with online networking sites.
- Fluent in English, with strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to follow a scripted process and use of templates.
- Possess temperament to accept and apply coaching.
- Ability to learn the sales process and effectively apply it.
- Ability to overcome objections and deal effectively with rejection, while remaining personable.
- Lead Generation Experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.