Appen is looking for a native speaker of Hindi from India currently residing in Sydney, Australia to work as a Recording Supervisor.
- Contract period: 4-5 weeks from early-mid July 2019 (This is subject to change depending on the project progress)
- Working hours: full time
- Location: Sydney (Chatswood), AUSTRALIA
- Remuneration: AUD 23.66 per hour excluding superannuation
- A successful candidate for this position would be responsible for the following tasks:
- Conduct approx. 60 recording sessions (2 hours for each) with provided equipment, following a project guideline;
- Check equipment and recording environment ahead of the recordings throughout the recording period;
- Check recording participants’ eligibility for the recording;
- Guide recording participants and instruct them as needed throughout the sessions;
- Check audio quality during the recordings and ensure it meets the project requirements;
- Perform data management activities (e.g. data backup and transfer) and relevant admin tasks; and
- Assist recruitment and booking of participants together with other team members as needed
- Training will be arranged prior to commencing recording sessions.
- The recording supervisor will be accountable for the progress of the recordings with recruited native speakers and will be reporting to a project manager.
- You must be a native speaker of Hindi who grew up in India and currently residing in Sydney, Australia
- Full time work rights in Australia
- Superior people management skills
- Good verbal and written language command in English
- Must be able to attend all the recording sessions during the recording period: most recording sessions will be during the weekday office hours, but some after-hour/weekend sessions may need to be arranged.
- Ability to follow instructions
- Attention to details
- Technical skills (familiar to MS Excel and confident in basic trouble shooting and data management)
- Tolerance for repetition
- No hearing impediment for audio quality assurance
- Prior experience in similar speech recording projects would be appreciated but not essential
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.