We're looking for an experienced linguist to lead a team of annotators and help process language data for conversational understanding technologies.
You are the right candidate if you know that language data is the underpinning of all current language technologies. You love practical language analysis as well as theoretical. You're quick to learn and implement new label sets with a consideration for the purpose of the data and are a native level speaker of US English and European French.
- Develop CFG-style grammars for different languages and NLP task-oriented applications and/or define and implement higher level grammar architecture
- Annotate corpus of data with linguistic, syntactic, semantic, pragmatic, phonetic, phonological, and prosodic information
- Work closely with researchers and engineers by providing linguistic expertise
- Monitor data acquisition and curation
- Handle personnel issues
- Field questions
- Take the lead on communicating announcements, feedback etc.
- Facilitate offboarding (e.g. collection of IT equipment, badges etc.) if needed
- Degree in Linguistics, Speech Science or related field
- Experience/interest in linguistics, especially syntax, semantics, and pragmatics
- Native speaker of US English and European French
- Collaborative and solution oriented attitude
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements, priorities, and revisions
- Strong attention to detail
- Communicates clearly verbally and via email
- Available fulltime (40 hrs weekly)
- Advanced degree and/or industry experience
- Experience with ontologies and label sets
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.