Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
About the Role:
You will work as part of a team responsible for the implementation of information security requirements, policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures. Developing tools, benchmarks, and metrics to ensure that development teams are adhering to security requirements for all aspects of product development, maintenance and support.
You will evaluate and respond to emerging security issues and evaluate capability risk/gaps and takes and/or coordinates action to meet objectives.
- Perform security compliance monitoring.
- Participate in the creation of security policies, audits, assessments.
- Carry out regular tests to simulate attacks so they can identify areas where the company is vulnerable and ways in which its systems might be exploited by hackers and viruses.
- Prepare and create regular reports to document any process changes, improvements made, and security breaches that caused damage to the company.
- Monitor and analyze the logs, help in implementing SIEM and reduce false positives
- Provide support in IT Security related projects like Secure configuration and application authorization to name few.
- Expert for assigned operational risk categories
- Creating IT Security awareness documents and materials organization wide.
- Acting as a median between IT Sys admins and service desk for any IT Security related tasks, Subject Matter
- Minimum 5+ years demonstrated experience in Cybersecurity and Governance
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology-desirable
- At least 5 year’s Experience in administering Freedom of Information Act and Privacy and Data Protection Act provisions.
- At least 5 year’s experience with processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, altering and protecting organizational data
- Strong strategic thinking skills to support global projects. Must have the ability to look horizontally across the global brands in addition to supporting the individual (vertical) business areas.
- Experience with vulnerability management, patch management and configuration management best practices
- Should be able to Adapt, contribute to, and deliver the Group’s security awareness program in the region, with workshops and other media, aiming at business teams, executives, and IT teams
- Effective at communicating with various levels of the organization (e.g., technical/non-technical verbal & written communication abilities In English)
- Experience identifying and responding to potential threats and risks in a 24/7/365 IT environment.
- Experience working with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) requirements,
- Basic Knowledge on Role-based Access Control (RBAC), Mandatory Access Control (MAC), Discretionary Access Control (DAC)
- CompTIA Security+, CeH and other Security operational Certification or work experience
- Experience or certification on IT Service Management (ITIL or above)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.