Preferred Locations – Northeast, Midwest and Southeast - United States
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
- Contribute to the overall customer experience by establishing the strong working relationship with existing clients, implementing solutions selling and relationship management
- Work closely with the Appen Delivery team to promote and drive Land & Expand efforts
- Liaise with Business Unit Head and Operations team on the execution of projects
- Liaise with other members of the global Business Development team
- Recommend ways to work with other teams to drive new revenue
- Work with operations management and leadership to acquire new business in target line of business.
- Develop deep understanding of company’s services and providing knowledge of operational and technical abilities to develop high quality solution proposals
- Identify new opportunities and accounts, create and propose custom client solutions, and close net new business
- Directly accountable for driving year-over-year revenue growth by developing and executing on a tactical business development plan
- Develop and implement winning strategies for proposals and presentations
- Monitor and report on emergent industry trends and competitive landscape
- Administer client relationship management tool – Salesforce or other as assigned
- Attend relevant conferences or trade shows
- Travel as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A demonstrated track record of identifying and closing net new business with year-over-year growth in revenue in value-added technology solutions
- Experience selling to large enterprise accounts as well as account management experience with Fortune 500 clients
- Experience working in professional technical services selling complex custom solutions
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and proven ability to achieve win/win outcomes
- Must be a motivated self-starter that can establish a course of action
- Demonstrated time management, organizational skills, detail oriented and a strong commitment to personal and organizational accountability
- Demonstrated experience creating productive, cooperative relationships and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally.
- Ability to drive customer service excellence and proficient in managing client relationships
Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree required/master’s degree preferred
- 7-10 years minimum experience working in sales, business development, or related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.