Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
Due to the company extensive growth, the permanent role of Corporate Recruitment Manager has been made available.
This role will be reporting to the Vice President of HR and be responsible for providing leadership, advocacy and vision to recruiters and support staff who provide recruiting support to hiring managers globally. We are looking for a natural result- and process-oriented leader who can motivate team to achieve targets and build productive and striving to excellence culture within.
We are open to considering candidates in Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA.
- Manage the global corporate recruiting team and report on its performance.
- Lead and coach junior and experienced team members on their daily recruitment activity.
- Set team performance goals and metrics, timelines and a formal tracking process to measure and manage progress.
- Be responsible for closing C level positions as well as unique and hard to fill roles in operations and management.
- Update current and design new recruiting procedures.
- Develop effective strategy, processes and/or programs to attract the best candidates.
- Deliver regular recruitment reports and communicate recruitment updates to the Executive Team.
- Manage social media strategy and agency relationship.
- Drive the company’s diversity strategy through its efficient recruitment practices.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion.
- Flexible, independent, self-motivated; able to deal calmly and professionally with ambiguous data while leading in an environment of constant change.
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally. Must also be an attentive and careful listener and respond appropriately to others
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with attention to details.
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for a global marketplace and workforce
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Thorough understanding of technology, technical roles and technical skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Organizational Leadership, or other related field or equivalent professional experience in Recruiting/Human Resources.
- 10+ years of experience in the recruiting field with full cycle recruitment: sourcing, screening, interviewing, hiring and onboarding, with at least 5 years supervising or managing other recruiters and a recruiting process.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (iCIMs is preferred).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.