Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
About the Role:
Appen is looking for an experienced product leader with AI/ML experience to participate in the creation of new products and features, from ideation to launch. You will help make AI work in the real world and enable customers to launch machine learning initiatives at scale.
You will lead the entire development life cycle across our data annotations suite of tools including product strategy, requirements development, roadmap management, client engagement, and collaborate with other stakeholders from the engineering, data science, marketing, sales, customer success and operations departments.
High-quality data annotation is key for training any AI/ML model successfully. You will own strategy and delivery for a very high visibility product line. Our annotation tools are highly differentiated in the market and combine human intelligence at scale with cutting edge models to annotate all sorts of raw data, from text, to video, to audio. You will build the next-gen annotation tool experience with focus on market expansion, machine learning automation and great user experience. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and fun team of product managers and designers who are obsessed about solving customer pain points.
● Gain a deep understanding of the Appen data annotation tools, customer uses, and be the in-house expert for all annotation tools and AI assistance capabilities.
● Work directly with the VP of Product to shape the long-term product and business direction and requirements.
● Define and design products with deep collaboration with engineering, design, and data science teams with a lean and iterative approach.
● Drive prototyping and iterations process to improve the product experience with design thinking sessions, A/B test experiments, and focus groups.
● Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition, and technologies as they change, and factor it, as well as feedback from internal groups and customers, into the product direction.
● Adopt a data-driven approach to analyze the implementation of features based on business and customer impact.
● Partner with Product Marketing to define and execute the go-to-market strategy & messaging.
● Coach and mentor other Product Managers in the team.
● At least 7 years of work experience in a product-related function.
● Expertise in launching computer vision products.
● Experience with other AI/ML products preferably text and NLP.
● Deep understanding and experience with machine learning use cases, trends, and industry.
● Comfortable leading customer meetings with prospects and clients.
● Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, problem-solve, and manage stakeholder issues.
● Comfortable setting data-driven standards and holding teams accountable for metrics and decisions.
● Ability to build trust and work closely with design and data science teams
● Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and with customers.
● Bachelor's degree.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.